Osmosis is an advanced AMM protocol built using the Cosmos SDK that will allow developers to design, build, and deploy their own customized AMMs.
Osmosis is airdropping a total of 50,000,000 OSMO to ATOM stakers. A snapshot of ATOM stakers was taken on February 18, 2021, in which eligible participants will be able to claim 20% of the tokens immediately and the remaining tokens can be claimed after completing the required tasks mentioned below.
- Visit the Osmosis airdrop claim page.
- Connect your Keplr wallet or import your Cosmos mainnet address to Keplr to be able to claim the tokens.
- If you’re eligible, then you will be able to claim the tokens.
- A snapshot of ATOM stakers was taken on February 18, 2021, during the Cosmos Hub Stargate Upgrade.
- Users who were staking only in a non-custodial wallet are eligible to claim the airdrop.
- 20% of the airdrop allocation can be claimed immediately and the remaining 80% can be claimed once a user performs certain on-chain activities:
- Making a swap
- Add liquidity to a Pool
- Stake OSMO
- Vote on a Governance Proposal
- The full allocation can be claimed only if a user completes all the above tasks in the first two months after the launch. After two months, the claimable OSMO per account will decrease linearly over the next 4 months.
- All unclaimed OSMO after six months of the launch of Osmosis will be transferred to the on-chain community pool.
- The number of tokens a user receives is proportional to the square root of its ATOM balance at that time, with a special 2.5x multiplier for staked ATOMs.
- For more information regarding the airdrop, see this Medium article.