The Shrapnel economy will allow several personas to participate in the ecosystem through play, creation, ownership, and governance, with incentives v persona.
The interplay between each persona creates a virtuous cycle of collaboration, discovery, and ever-increasing economic activity as more people participate.
- PLAYERS. Players can buy gear, extract it from game sessions, and sell it in the SHRAPNEL Marketplace for SHRAP.
- CREATORS. Creators can make anything from vanity items to customized weapons, maps, and map objects as well as profit from the economic value they create.
- CURATORS. Curators who successfully discover great content for the community to enjoy will also share in the spoils.
- LAND OWNERS. Land owners who make an upfront commitment to the ecosystem will receive a fair proportion of the value creation.
- DAO and sub-DAO votes / platform governance
- Voting on player-created content
- Payment to validators; fees subsidized by the Shrapnel protocol at no cost to end users
- Stake SHRAP on validator nodes in the Shrapnel subnet
Minting & Medium of Exchange
- Pay fees in SHRAP to mint player-created content, i.e. maps, prefabs, skins and vanities
- SHRAP is the default currency on the Shrapnel marketplace
- Player-created content / gameplay
- Content discovery participation
SHRAP will be issued as an ERC-20 token and deployed on Avalanche shortly afterward. At the token genesis event (TGE), 3 billion SHRAP tokens will be created as the total token supply, which will never increase. No other tradable tokens are anticipated to be created or minted.