Belgium is one of the most developed countries on the European continent. And that’s why the country has numerous properties where the foreigners can invest their money. The Belgium government allows foreign investors to buy the property without any restriction, just like the local residents of the country. So, in a way, the property buying process is pretty much simple in this European country.
Most foreigners prefer to involve a real estate agent in the property deals in order to get the best offers even when they themselves can strike a deal. The government has made customer friendly laws where they can make a property deal without having to worry about different fraudulent cases. Rental legislation, anti-money laundering policy, fraud prevention, and anti-discrimination policy are some of the rules imposed by the Belgium government.
The property acquiring process is a very systemic one, which is being carried on under the jurisdiction of the notary lawyer.
- The first step is to choose a property in Belgium. It is recommended to hire a real estate agent for the convenience of choosing the best property. These agents in Belgium are concerned with showing you various properties according to your own desires and come up with the best plan in the market.
- After that, an Offer to Buy agreement is written in hand and is sent to the seller. It is up to the seller whether they will accept the offer or not. Make sure that the contract is written in either French or Dutch language because they are the official languages.
- If both the parties agree with the sale, then they will proceed with the agreement named as compromise de vente. It is during the signing of this document that you need to make a 10% security deposit.
- A number of transactional costs need to be paid by the buyer like the agent fees, registration tax, and even the VAT.
- Once both the buying and the selling party sign the sale deed, the transfer of property title is put into exercise.
- Around 62 days are taken to complete the entire procedure.
Population In Belgium
GDP In Belgium
Average Monthly Net Salary
Home Ownership Rate
Housing Price Index
Rent per sq m Today
Rental Yield Today
Price to rent ratio today
Price to gdp per cap