Most of the foreigners invest a lot in the Dutch property owing to the fact that the Dutch government hasn’t imposed any restrictions on the foreigners for purchasing a property. No matter if the individual is a resident of non-resident of Netherlands, he or she will be able to strike a deal.
While choosing the desired property, make sure you are looking into reliable sources like the national newspaper, the government registered online channels and a popular real estate agent. Hiring one for the purpose of making the purchase process easy is not uncommon in the Netherlands as it is highly recommended to know Dutch as the linguistic medium.
The best part in choosing the real estate agent in Netherlands is that they are familiar with the market, the area where you are thinking to buy the property, and other related aspects of the deal. Now, if you are choosing an apartment for the property, the agents will guide you in dealing with the VvE, which controls a part of the apartment concerning the management.
- After choosing the property, your real estate agent will draw an official offer and have it sent to the seller’s agent or directly to the seller.
- Once the approval comes from the seller’s side, you can choose to have a survey of the land if you wish. This survey can include any search and verification pertaining to the building, it’s physical structure and other parameters which usually pose a risk to the deal.
- If you want the updated information about the registration and the market value graph of the property, you can get one from the Dutch registry office.
- It is advised to have a financial backup in the form of a mortgage from trusted lenders.
- The sale price is negotiated between both the parties once the value of the property is known. This negotiation takes place in the presence of the notaries of both the buyer and the seller.
- Once you both will decide a sale price, you both need to sign a provisional or pre-sale agreement.
- The buyer needs to make a deposit of 10% of the property value in the notary’s account.
- The completion contract is then signed after which the notary takes the application to the Land Registry office for the registration purpose.
Population In Netherlands
GDP In Netherlands
Average Monthly Net Salary
Home Ownership Rate
Housing Price Index
Rent per sq m Today
Rental Yield Today
Price to rent ratio today
Price to gdp per cap